Controlled Burn

From April 1 to October 31, you need a Burn Notification Number for open fires in a provincial forest, in park land, or any quarter section wholly or partly within 4.5 km of a provincial forest. If you’re burning within a rural municipality, remember all municipal bylaws and policies also apply to you.

Get your free burn notification number by contacting your local Wildfire Management Forest Protection Area Office during business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Emergency Management and Fire Safety Control Burn number: 1-866-404-4911

When you call, have the following information ready:

  • name or organization responsible;
  • contact number(s);
  • mailing address;
  • email address (if applicable);
  • burn location(s); and
  • purpose of the burn.

After you obtain your Burn Notification Number, please call Emergency Management and Fire Safety’s Control Burn number, 1-866-404-4911, to let them know about your burn plan. This will help avoid unnecessary dispatches of firefighting resources to controlled fires.


There are no comments yet

Leave a comment